Mechanic Golf Course
- 31 Dec 2021
- Club Renaissance, Sun City Center, Florida, United States
Head Mechanic at a Golf Course located in Sun City, Florida
Close to St. Petersburg, Bradenton, Brandon and southern Hillsbrough county.
Benefits: vacation pay, sick pay, paid holidays and health benefits
Hourly Rate: depends upon experience
Maintains proper operating function of golf course equipment and perform major and minor equipment repairs.
- Schedule and perform appropriate preventative maintenance work.
- Perform routine functions of maintenance and repairs of golf course equipment; tractors, riding mowers, and hand held equipment.
- Maintain shop working area in neat, orderly fashion and in compliance with all approriate safety standards.
- Work with Superintendent and Golf Maintenance Crew for saftey training on equipment
- Ability to keep current with industry trends and training.
- Assist with mechanical problems in other departments if necessary.
- Other duties assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent
Have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle
- Two years minimum experience in maintaining golf course equipment.
- Working knowledge of fluid hydraulics, electronics, welding, fabrication, gas and diesel engines.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical problems.
- Knowledge of reel/bed knife grinding and maintenance.
- Must be organized in both shop and office.
- Available to work early hours and weekends.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff and other departments.
Ability to perform heavy physical labor. Will be required to work in an environment that includes such activities as bending, lifting, stooping, kneeling, climbing, reaching, standing, walking, pushing and pulling and grasping for up to 5 hours without sitting. May need to lift up to 80 lbs occasionally, and up to 50 lbs frequently.