- 14 Dec 2021
- King Valley Golf Club, King City, Ontario, Canada
King Valley Golf Club is Hiring!
Scope of the position:
The Executive Chef is responsible for the overall management and day to day running of the Kitchen Back of House operations as well as the consistent preparation of innovative and creative cuisine of the highest quality in a fast paced / high volume casual fine dining restaurant and patio bar.
The Executive Chef is responsible for the hiring and training of the kitchen team, ordering F&B supplies from ClubLink approved supplier list and following purchasing program guidelines and preparing food for service.The Executive Chef is also responsible for following financial/budget guidelines and departmental goals of the restaurant while working with club’s F&B leadership team.This is a full time permanent year round position.
- Prepare and cook a variety of cuisine for all daily menu dining outlets and banquets, using skill, creativity and cost effective methods.
- Responsible for supervising / managing / overseeing all food operations
- Maintain a hands-on approach to cooking "on the line" during busy service times as well as training and developing kitchen staff on a daily basis.
- Interview, hire and train all kitchen team members on departmental policies and procedures.
- Train kitchen team on approved safety, safe food handling and sanitation practices.
- Successfully manage kitchen teams in multiple food outlet areas
- Achieve consistent financial targets with purchasing, inventory, food and labour cost control methods
- Work closely with Director of Operations and F&B Manager to develop successful Food & Beverage/Hospitality operations
- Comply with all regulatory health and safety codes, working towards creating a strong work place health and safety environment
- Post secondary culinary training and completion of apprenticeship including certification
- Minimum 4 years experience working as a chef
- Excellent knowledge of current culinary trends
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Self motivated, innovative problem solver
- Excellent customer relations and skills
- Strong cost control skills
- Health & safety and sanitation control knowledge
- Scheduling experience
- Strong commitment to quality and creativity
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
- Basic computer knowledge of MS Office, ability to work with reports, spreadsheets and various other documents
- Red Seal Certification
ClubLink is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive workplace. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if a workplace accommodation is needed throughout the selection process. Thank you for your interest in ClubLink.